We will once again be expanding the floor this year to include every square inch of space that the Lexington Center and the Hyatt have to offer us! That said, if booth sales are as strong as they have been historically, the space still will not last.. Booth space goes on sale on April 15th and we strongly suggest that you do not wait to secure yours.
If you attended our 2013 con you already know that we have grown up this year! With nearly 10,000 at the door we have proven that Lexington is a very viable market for a con! Next year promises to be bigger and better! We intend to up the ante again and deliver three days of epic geekery on March 14-16th 2014! Plan to join us!
As most of you have already noted, all of our panels have VERY limited seating.. Lines for panels will may start to form 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.. The first folks in line will get seats until they fill up and reasonable standing room around the walls fills up.. Elkhorns A&D hold 180 people - Elkhorn B holds 90 - 100 The Hyatt Suites hold 100 people
Be warned now - It is what it is.. If you are late or really far back in line, don’t expect to get in.. Pick and choose your panels accordingly and be there 1/2 hour before they start to get in line..
Official Costume Contest Rules and Guidelines
• Awards - 1st Place- $750.00 + 2nd Place - $250.00 3rd Place – $50.00 All winners get free passes to LCTC 2014
• All contestants must have hand made the majority of their costume
• Reference pictures are ALWAYS a good idea.
• NO REAL weapons of any kind – No real swords or guns permitted
• No liquids, glitter, confetti, or anything else that mak…es a mess. When you leave the stage, parts of your costume should not remain.
• All costumes must be modeled after an American comic book character, TV or movie character, or Video Game character. Anime characters are also permitted but absolutely MUST be accompanied by reference material.
• Costume contest is limited to 75 contestants. You may sign up for free online via our “ticket” page starting February 1st. We will pre-book 50 contestants online and accept up to 25 more “walk-ins” the day of the con. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO SIGN UP ONLINE!
• At noon on Saturday all contestants should report to Elkhorn A&D for prejudging. During prejudging each of the (3) judges will pick 10 contestants to proceed on to the actual contest at 1pm thus eliminating 45 contestants.
• Contestants will be judged on several factors including the percentage of the costume that is handmade, prop making, overall quality, overall looks, likeness to the reference material, crowd appeal, and stage presence.
• Contest starts at 1pm sharp in Elkhorn A&D - Judges will score in each of the 7 categories above on a scale of from 1-10 and scores will be added to select winners.
• While this costume contest has substantial prizes, we pride ourselves in having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously. Please note that the judge’s opinions are just that and are non-negotiable. LCTC and all of our judges reserve the right to judge as we see fit and we may or may not agree that your Wo…lverine costume is better than someone else’s superman costume. Sportsmanship folks…They teach it in kindergarten.
• If your weapon could REALLY hurt someone, we will likely call it a REAL weapon and make you leave it in the car.
• I hate to even say this but since this is a limited space contest, please do not sign up if you know that you have no chance whatsoever of winning. It will not be cute to see you knock someone who really makes an effort out of a spot simply because you want to show off your spider-man Halloween costume.
• Nude is not a costume. Skimpy/sexy/edgy is probably OK but you know when you have crossed the line. If you wouldn’t want your grandma to see you out wearing it, don’t wear it.
• HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN…
2013’s table key can be found here:
And the floor plan to go with it is here:
It is a big file so it may take just a minute to open….
Sunday March 17th
9am - Con opens for VIPs / Admission window opens
10am - Con floor opens for general admission
10am - 501st Legion costuming panel - Elkhorn rooms A&D
10am - Comic Book Jerk Show - Elkhorn Room B
11am - Mike Grell Q&A - Elkhorn Room B
11am - Power Rangers Time Force Q&A - Elkhorn room A & D
12pm - Billy Dee Williams Q&A - Elkhorn rooms A&D
1pm - Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Q&A - Elkhorn rooms A&D
2pm - Peter Mayhew - Star Wars Q&A - Elkhorn rooms A&D
3pm - Bulk & Skull Panel - Elkhorn rooms A&D
4pm - Convention Floor Closes - See ya in 2014!
Saturday March 16th
7am - VIP Check in begins in the Heritage Prefunction Area
8am - Advanced Regular Admission Check in begins
9am - VIP Admission opens / Cash admission sales begin
10am - Convention floor opens for general admission
11am - U-CRE-8 comics panel - Elkhorn Room B
11am - Martial Arts Demonstration and Q&A with Jason David Frank - Elkhorn Rooms A & D
12pm - The Culture of Pop - KY Geek Girl and Beaucoup Pop - Elkhorn Room B
12pm - Costume contest signup and pre-judging - Elkhorn Rooms A&D
1pm - Wrestling Q&A with Jim Cornette - Elkhorn Room B
1pm - LCTC $1K Costume Contest - Elkhorn Rooms A&D
2pm - Cerina Vincent Q&A - Elkhorn Room B
3pm - Shadow Clone - Hyatt Suites Rooms - 2nd floor of the Hyatt
5pm - Paul Schrier’s Ice Cream Truckers in Concert - Elkhorn Rooms A-D - Admission $10.00
6pm - Convention Floor Closes
7pm - Impossible Magic - Hyatt Suites Rooms - 2nd floor of the Hyatt
8pm - The Addams Family Live Broadway Play - Lexington Opera House
8pm - VIP Party with Freddy & the Cruegers - Elkhorn Rooms A-D - 18+ VIPs, Exhibitors, Staff, & Guests only!
9pm - Power Rangers After Dark - Ages 18+ No cameras or recording equipment - Hyatt Suites Rooms - 2nd Floor of the Hyatt
12am - Rocky Horror Picture Show Live at the Kentucky Theater! Admission $6.00
Friday, March 15th
7pm - 9pm - Live Art / VIP Check-in - Heritage Prefunction Area
8pm - 10pm - 501st Mixer & Costume Party - Heritage Prefunction Area
8pm - 11pm - The Addams Family Live Broadway Play - Lexington Opera House - Tickets start at $30.00
Paul Schrier’s Band “The Ice Cream Truckers” will be in concert at the con on Saturday, March 16th at 5pm in Elkhorns A-D (The walls will come down to make one big room). This concert is a seperate ticketed event. Tickets for the show will be $10.00 at the door FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE until the room is full (Holds about 450 seated) - Line-up can begin as soon as the costume contest is over around 3pm, We will start selling admissions for the concert at 4:30pm at the door to the room.